Welcome to BOTANYBLEND Ltd privacy notice.
Botanyblend is committed to your privacy and protecting your personal data. This privacy notice will inform you as to how we look after your personal data when you visit our website (regardless of what country you visit it from) and tell you about your privacy rights and how the law protects you.
We know that there’s a lot of information here, but we want you to be fully informed about your rights and how Neom uses your data. Accordingly, this privacy notice is provided in a layered format so you can click through to the specific areas set out below. Please also use the Glossary for more information on the meaning of some of the terms used in this privacy notice.
1. IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT WHO WE ARE
1.1 PURPOSE OF THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
This privacy notice aims to give you information on how Botanyblend collects and processes your personal data you provide to us, including any data you may provide through this website when you sign up to our newsletter, purchase a product or take part in a competition.
This website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
It is important that you read this privacy notice together with any other privacy notice or fair processing notice we may provide on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing personal data about you so that you are fully aware of how and why we are using your data. This privacy notice supplements the other notices and is not intended to override them.
1.2 DATA CONTROLLER
Botanyblend Ltd is the controller and responsible for your personal data (collectively referred to as ”company”, “we”, “us” or “our” in this privacy notice).
1.3 OUR CONTACT DETAILS
Our full details are:
Botanyblend Ltd (Company Number 10182653)
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Postal address: 2 School House Gardens, Kingsbridge TQ7 4SH
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance.
1.4 CHANGES TO THE PRIVACY NOTICE
1.5 YOUR DUTY TO INFORM US OF CHANGES
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
1.6 THIRD-PARTY LINKS
Our website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. We currently link to Facebook, twitter, Google, Instagram. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
2. THE DATA WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
2.1 THE DATA WE PROCESS
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together as follows:
- Identity Data includes first name, maiden name, last name or surname, username or similar identifier, marital status, title, date of birth and gender.
- Contact Data includes billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Financial Data includes bank account and payment card details.
- Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you and other details of products you have purchased from us.
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
- Profile Data includes your username and encrypted password, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses. This can also include demographic information, such as your post code, preferences and other interests.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our website and products.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and your communication preferences.
We also collect, use and share Aggregated Data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Aggregated Data may be derived from your personal data but is not considered personal data in law as this data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. For example, we may aggregate your Usage Data to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific website feature. However, if we combine or connect Aggregated Data with your personal data so that it can directly or indirectly identify you, we treat the combined data as personal data which will be used in accordance with this privacy notice.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
Please note that we do not store your password in plain text. It is encrypted and so we are unable to see what your password is. We can process a request to re-set your password if you have forgotten it.
2.2 IF YOU FAIL TO PROVIDE PERSONAL DATA
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with products). In this case, we may have to cancel an order you have with us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
3. HOW IS YOUR PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED?
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
3.1 Direct interactions. You may give us your Identity, Contact and Financial Data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you:
- purchase our products;
- create an account on our website;
- subscribe to our newsletter or publications;
- engage with us on social media;
- enter a competition, promotion or survey; or
- give us some feedback.
3.3 Third parties or publicly available sources. We may receive personal data about you from various third parties with whom we may partner with.
- Technical Data from analytics providers or search information providers such as Google based outside the EEA.
- Contact, Financial and Transaction Data from providers of technical, payment and delivery services based inside or outside the EEA. For example, we may deliver products to a customer outside the EEA.
- Identity and Contact Data from publicly available sources such as Companies House and the Electoral Register based inside the EEA.
- Occasionally we will work with third party vendors who will sell our products on our behalf and we will process the orders. We may also partner with other companies who may obtain personal data and share it with us.
4. HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you;
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests;
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation; or
- Where you consent.
Where you give your consent to any of our processing, you have the right to withdraw consent at any time by contacting us at email@example.com
4.1 PURPOSES FOR WHICH WE WILL USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We have set out below, in a table format, a description of all the ways we plan to use your personal data, and which of the legal bases we rely on to do so. We have also identified what our legitimate interests are where appropriate.
4.2 COMMUNICATIONS PREFERENCES
We strive to provide you with choices regarding certain personal data uses, particularly around marketing and advertising. If you would like to inform us of your preferences, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4.3 PROMOTIONAL OFFERS FROM US
We may use your Identity, Contact, Transaction, Technical, Usage and Profile Data to form a view on what we think you may want or need, or what may be of interest to you. This is how we decide which products, services and offers may be relevant for you.
If you are not an existing customer of ours, but you wish to obtain our wellbeing updates, you must sign up to receive these e-mail updates.
If you have an account with us or you have purchased products from us you will receive marketing communications from us if you have not opted out of receiving that marketing.
4.4 OPTING OUT
If you do not wish to receive marketing communications from us, you can unsubscribe at any time via the link in an e-mail you received, or by logging into the website and checking or unchecking relevant boxes to adjust your marketing preferences or by contacting us at hello@botanyblend,com at any time.
Where you opt out of receiving these marketing messages, we will still continue to hold your personal data provided to us as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product experience or other transactions.
4.6 CHANGE OF PURPOSE
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to get an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact us.
If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
5. DISCLOSURES OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may share your personal data with the:
- Third parties to whom we may choose to sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets. Alternatively, we may seek to acquire other businesses or merge with them. If a change happens to our business, then the new owners may use your personal data in the same way as set out in this privacy notice.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
6. WHERE YOUR PERSONAL DATA MAY BE PROCESSED
Sometimes we need to share your personal data with third parties outside the European Economic Area (EEA). The EEA consists of all EU Member States as well as Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein.
Whenever we transfer your personal data out of the EEA, we ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
- We will only transfer your personal data to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data by the European Commission. For further details, see European Commission: Adequacy of the protection of personal data in non-EU countries.
- Where we use certain service providers, we may use specific contracts approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe. For further details, see European Commission: Model contracts for the transfer of personal data to third countries.
- Where we use providers based in the US, we may transfer data to them if they are part of the Privacy Shield which requires them to provide similar protection to personal data shared between the Europe and the US. For further details, see European Commission: EU-US Privacy Shield.
7. DATA SECURITY
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
If you have any questions about security of our website, please contact us at email@example.com.
8. DATA RETENTION
8.1 HOW LONG WILL BOTANYBLEND USE MY PERSONAL DATA FOR?
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. At the end of that retention period, your data will be either deleted or completely anonymised (as discussed further below).
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
By law we have to keep basic information about our customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for six years after they cease being customers for tax purposes.
In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data: see section 9, “Request erasure” below for further information.
In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
9. YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
You have various rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data. Please see the Glossary (“Your Legal Rights”) and our data subject access request policy for more about these rights:
- Request access to your personal data.
- Request correction of your personal data.
- Request erasure of your personal data.
- Object to processing of your personal data.
- Request restriction of processing your personal data.
- Request transfer of your personal data.
- Right to withdraw consent.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
9.1 NO FEE USUALLY REQUIRED
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
9.2 WHAT WE MAY NEED FROM YOU
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
9.3 TIME LIMIT TO RESPOND
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
9.4 DIRECT MARKETING
You have the right to ask us to stop the use of your personal data for direct marketing activity through all channels and we must always comply with your request. If we have shared your details with any third parties, we will also ensure that we advise those third parties of your request.